Wednesday 27 January 2010

The expense of having a car

Today was a better day although I was unable to take my car for an MOT as I couldn't get my spare wheel back in cradle under the car where it normally sits. I'll give it another crack tomorrow morning as time is ticking for me to get it sorted. When eventually I do, it will cost me £50 which I feel I should add to my expenditure along with the cost of road tax which is also due at the end of the month. Alas, owning a car is a bit of money dragger but in all honesty, for me also a necessity.

I bought a couple of lottery tickets today as I'm feeling pretty lucky. Also, when I pay my road tax, I notice that I will be automatically entered into a prize draw for a new Seat Ibiza. Needless to say I don't intend on getting my hopes up of winning either.

Starting Roll: £365
Petrol: - £2
Lottery Tickets: - £3
Day's Work: + £50.50
Current Roll: £410.50

Thus leaving me 7 days to make £89.50. Back to tennis and Federer managed to make it through to the semis - he always does. Murray up tomorrow against the tricky Cilic - fingers crossed for him (and on the lottery numbers!)

No comments:

Post a Comment