Tuesday 2 February 2010

A False Economy

That is my what mate calls the poker world and to a certain degree he is right. However good I get at poker, it would be extremely risky to turn professional. I would say not even worth considering unless I thought I could earn at least 2.5 times the amount of a salary job. Talking of salary jobs, my job hunt is going slowly in that I have yet to get an interview but I believe patience and persistance will win the day. In the meantime, I can be content with the fact that tonight's poker session has almost guaranteed i will be on step 4 (so long as don't blow it all at the weekend!).

Last weekend I spent some considerable time thinking about what things I could do in my spare time and hopefully over the next few posts, I will have a chance to share some of those ideas. For starters, I have been thinking of trying to create a new type of food - possibly an alternative to the sandwich / wrap. However as yet I have not come up with anything substantial so the food industry will have to wait while i look at some other ideas.

Starting Roll: £551.30
Petrol: - £2
Day's Work: + £50.50
Poker Session: + £216
Current Roll: £815.80

Leaving me 12 days to earn £184.20. All of a sudden it looks a lot more promising! Especially as i already knew I would have spend some money on the car this week - starting with tomorrow morning's M.O.T.

No comments:

Post a Comment